After the success of the 5 previous Conferences about Polyphenols, the International Society of Antioxidant in Nutrition and Health (ISANH) has decided to launch the 6th World Congress on Polyphenols.
The event took place at Palais Brongniart in Paris, France on the 7th and 8th June 2012. The initiative of ISANH was taken in order to deal with clinical evidences concerning polyphenols valorisation from fruits and vegetables waste.
Several academics, industrials and actors from nutrition and health industry were gathered to contribute to the huge success of Paris Polyphenols 2012.
The Scientific Committee that was leading the conference was made up of:
- Pr Marvin Edeas, Chairman of ISANH, Paris, France
- Dr Ramon Estruch, Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital Clínic, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona and CIBER Obesity and Nutrition, Institute of Health Carlos III, Barcelona, Spain
- Pr Andreas Schieber, University of Bonn, Germany
11 speakers from various countries have presented their studies:
- Dr Nigel Brunton, Dublin University, Dublin, Ireland
- Dr Maria Isabel Covas, Cardiovascular Risk and Nutrition Research Group, IMIM-Institut de Recerca Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
- Dr Roberto Crea, CreAgri Inc., Hayward, USA
- Dr Eldra Delannay, Purifunction, Loos, France
- Dr José M. Estrela, Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine and Odontology, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
- Dr Dietmar Kammerer, University of Hohenheim, Germany
- Pr Kiril Mihalev, University of Food Technologies, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- Dr Boris Nemzer, Director of Research and Development, VDF FutureCeuticals, Momence, USA
- Dr Stéphane Quideau, Chairman of Group Polyphenols, Bordeaux University, Bordeaux, France
- Dr Nadine Schulze-Kaysers, Institut für Ernährungs und Lebensmittelwissenschaften, University of Bonn, Germany
- Pr Peter Winterhalter, University of Braunschweig, Germany
For more information concerning Paris Polyphenols 2012 please click here